Trading post analysis - Unearthed week 13

Here I was just watching what limited branch this week would bring, and suddenly I get accosted by and old guy with a pipe who rifles my wallet and shoves some trinkets at me. Turns out old Reggie is back already, freshly combed hair, and barely reeking of alcohol anymore. Let’s see if his newfound sobriety has improved his trading acumen as well…

Day 5 analysis

• Electrum bars x2500 for 600 sigils (50x) An ok price, but not great. The repeating node at the end of the electrum tower line has way better value than this. If you’re short on electrum it’s ok, but easy to pass up too if you’re low on sigils.
  • Hammers x50 for 5000 black pearls (15x) 100 pearls per hammer still seems excessive. Only for those who really need hammers, or really have too many pearls to ever run out.
  • 12h speedup x15 for 170 sigils (10x) Decent offer, better than you find in most limited branches, but worse than the repeating node at the end of line. For those craving timers.
  • Fire crafting shards x10k for 12k wind crafting shards (100x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Gold chests x5 for 300 sigils (5x) About 1200 rubies worth of sigils to get 2000 rubies in golds. Good deal, slightly better than draconics in the festive line.

Day 4 analysis

• Egg Tokens x4600 for 5 gold chests (50x) A fair value trade if tokens are what you need from gold chests. To get the same average tokens from opening chests you would need 16 golds in breed (with pretty bad other drops) or 26 gold chests in pvp. If you also want pvp supplies, timers and sigils just as much keep the golds, but if you specifically need tokens more, this is a good option.
  • Hammers x100 for 150 sigils (100x) These have been in a lot of the limited branches for slightly cheaper, but of course you can get a whole lot more here without going through other prizes. I suppose it’s a pretty fair deal if you need hammers.
  • Healing potions x100 for 50 sigils (10x) Very fair price. A lot of people will have plenty of these but if you don’t this is a much cheaper way to get them than any others available.
  • Lightning resist x20 for 200 sigils (20x) Not super cheap, but then these are still pretty powerful, even with the Volt tower slowly taking over. If you run out of these a lot might as well get them.
  • XP potions x15 for 50 sigils (100x) These are a bit like the wood and food pack offers. Yes xp is pretty easy to grind for free, and you can get these for free from dragon quests too, so it’s never really good value to buy them. But if you can’t be bothered with grinding or quests, these are cheap enough to just remove the whole leveling worry for a fair bit of time. Fair whaling option.

Day 3 analysis

• Legendary Pylon Attack Glyph Seems like it’s pylon-lover week, a legendary glyph to stack with your mythic one from monday. If you picked up that one, might as well get this one too.
  • Ice shards x500 for 600 fire shards (50x) I guess it could be useful for the ice turret loving weirdos out there :grin: but still not enough for a single level on a near-max ice turret.
  • 3h timers x5 for 625 fire shards (5x) Good place to dump some excess shards for something more useful. Note that using shards for resource transformation merges does get you more hours for the same shards, but since actual timers are much more broadly usable I still feel these are worth getting. Too bad this one didn’t get upgraded to 50 times.
  • Dark crafting shards x10k for 12k earth crafting shards (30x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Platinum chests x5 for 700 sigils ( 10x ) About 3k rubies worth of sigils to get 6k rubies in plats, same as last time. Worth getting.

Day 2 analysis

• Electrum bars x700 for 1 cosmic charge (20x) Same as last time. As a percentage of a tower level, 700 electrum is worth more than a cosmic charge. If you’re not using charges much this is worth going for.
  • Elemental Embers x9000 for 2 platinum chests (100x) Also same as last time, not a bad trade if you need embers more than other things.
  • Elemental Embers x1000 for 1100 black pearls (100x) Very nice trade for anyone with more than enough black pearls, nearly 1:1. Pearls are of course more expensive in lines etc, but once you have enough for your perches and builder hut, any more has no use, so go for it.
  • Earth crafting shards x10k for 12k ice crafting shards (100x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Inner fire x15 for 100 sigils (100x) Same as last time, but now 100x. I still feel it’s on the low side compared to the value of gold chests, but if your inners are low compared to energy it’s worth looking at.

Day 1 analysis

• Mythic Drakul Pylon Attack Glyph for 1850 sigils Not the greatest mythic glyph ever with just +3% HP, but it’s not crazy expensive either. Probably nice to have if you have a pylon on your base.
  • Lumber pack x20 for 100 sigils ( 100x ) Never going to be good value in absolutes, since lumber is free, but if you like to whale your fort event without any worry about hunting lumber these are cheap. Also nice high limit
  • Ice crafting shards x10k for 12k fire crafting shards (100x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Egg tokens x30k for Mystic fragment x150 (100x) Comes down to 200 tokens per fragment like before. Solid deal to change fragments for something more flexible, unless you really need the event points.*
    Egg tokens x3000 for Mystic fragment x15 (100x) Exactly the same, but with smaller numbers. Feels a little redundant to have both considering they’re 100x as well now.
44 Likes

7 Likes

Wow, finally a good trading post today where there is more than 10x something to trade possible :+1:

1 Like

The exact same trading post they had last time …….:rofl: :cookie:

1 Like

Why isnt day 2 posted yet!!???

1 Like

In order to help you learn patience :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

*looks at the 100 limit claim cap on the pearls offer* no, no I dont think it is

9 Likes

Last time was 15 claim cap - so happy to see the 100 claims! :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

2 Likes

It was only 50 last time

1 Like

That’s the type of stuff we’d actually like to see more of, an actual “trading post” where we can trade unwanted rss for ones we do need. Fewer buying offers for sigils and more exchanging offers please. (Note: platinum and gold chests are not unwanted rss)

A reminder to anyone thinking about the electrum offer, 147s coming this next week will be a cosmic charge level for oreos and eyeballs

12 Likes

lumber pack was awesome i got 120 for 600 sigils, no more rush in day 1 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

When it comes to doubling the embers you can get, yeah.

2 Likes

This particular adjustment is one that the community has been begging for for years so naturally people are impressed when the number of trades is dramatically increased.

Edit: the thing that impresses me the least about it is I now have to click 100x to claim it all instead of being able to click once and claim 100 of the offer

6 Likes

Impressed? No. I think it is a positive change that we have been asking for. I think it is something people appreciate seeing and hopefully it is not just a one time thing but something that becomes a regular occurrence.
Higher claim caps on good offers and the ability to exchange useless rss for more useful ones is something we’ve been asking for for a very long time. So yeah, that’s a little positive in our favor that’s nice to see.

I mean is not a positive change something to be happy about? No one is acting like this is the solution to all of life’s problems or like the golden potato just descended from the heavens to end world hunger.

Honestly Malik it just seems like all you want to do is b1tch and repeat the same 4 page soapbox speech about the map that you’ve already said 973 times. Even when there is something positive you’re just here to b1tch and be snarky about people actually liking something. And this is coming from ME, someone who is super negative and trashing on most of what PG does. That should tell you how absurd your comment is.

Yes, the economy is crap and broken. Yes we need a hell of a lot more than this to fix it. That doesn’t mean people cant appreciate when they see something at is at the very least a small step in the right direction. So just let people have some joy instead of trying to take a crap in the punchbowl. For once there is no negative to something that benefits us so stop trying to create one.

14 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Knowledge is like jam; the less you have, the more you spread it

14 Likes

Could you please just send them to pg then instead of spamming every player thread on the forums? It’s depressing to wake up and find another thread being turned into a rant

29 Likes

:rofl:  

IF 15*100 times ….
bth,I feel like a message from PG to prepare for the ultra attack.

Resource consumption is likely to be intense than ever😔
I wish I had no worries…