Trading post analysis - Unearthed week 3

It looks like Reginald’s second ex-wife has finally pushed through her alimony claims, because Reg is here with his wares earlier than ever. Let’s see if his stuff is good enough to buy his kids some new shoes…

Day 5 analysis

• Electrum bars x2500 for 600 sigils (50x) An ok price, but not great. The repeating node at the end of the electrum tower line normally has better value than this. If you’re short on electrum it’s ok, but easy to pass up too if you’re low on sigils.
  • Hammers x50 for 5000 black pearls (15x) Going by last trading post prices this is just 125 sigils worth of hammers. If you are drowning in pearls and need hammers it’s probably still worth it, but 1 sigil per 40 pearls does seem pretty harsh, considering they cost about 30 times as much in season lines. Get only if really low on hammers I feel, otherwise hope for a slightly less low value offer for pearls.
  • 12h timers x15 for 170 sigils (10x) Same as last time, still think these are a bit overpriced. Only get if you’re really really short on timers.
  • Fire crafting shards x10k for 12k wind crafting shards (30x) The new standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Gold chests x5 for 300 sigils (5x) About 1200 rubies worth of sigils to get 2000 rubies in golds. Good deal, slightly better than draconics in the festive line.

Day 4 analysis

• Egg Tokens x4600 for 5 gold chests (50x) A fair value trade if tokens are what you need from gold chests. To get the same average tokens from opening chests you would need 16 golds in breed (with pretty bad other drops) or 26 gold chests in pvp. If you also want pvp supplies, timers and sigils just as much keep the golds, but if you specifically need tokens more, this is a good option.
  • Healing potions x100 for 50 sigils (10x) Very fair price. A lot of people will have plenty of these but if you don’t this is a much cheaper way to get them than any others available.
  • XP potions x15 for 50 sigils (20x) These are a bit like the wood and food pack offers. Yes xp is pretty easy to grind for free, and you can get these for free from dragon quests too, so it’s never really good value to buy them. But if you can’t be bothered with grinding or quests, these are cheap enough to just remove the whole leveling worry for a fair bit of time. Fair whaling option.
  • Kazane Rider Shards x50 for Atlas Champion Rider Shards x50 (10x) This is a really weird one. If you did the atlas rider lines, but for some reason didn’t get the riders, and also want Kazane and also didn’t get the shards from the brand already, I guess this could work to save you 1/3 of that line? I guess it’s at least a hint to start stockpiling those atlas shards instead of spending them.
  • Ano Rider Shards x50 for Atlas Champion Rider Shards x50 (10x) Same as above.

Day 3 analysis

• Legendary Howitzer Glyph It’s only a legendary, but still a pretty nice glyph, and the only howitzer glyph so far. Worth the 700 sigils.
  • Ice shards x500 for 600 fire shards (50x) I guess it could be useful for the ice turret loving weirdos out there :grin: but even though it’s 5 times more than last trading post, that’s still not enough for a single level on a near-max ice turret.
  • 3h timers x5 for 625 fire shards (5x) Good place to dump some excess shards for something more useful. Note that using shards for resource transformation merges does get you more hours for the same shards, but since actual timers are much more broadly usable I still feel these are worth getting. Too bad this one didn’t get upgraded to 50 times.
  • Dark crafting shards x10k for 12k earth crafting shards (30x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Platinum chests x5 for 700 sigils ( 10x ) About 3k rubies worth of sigils to get 6k rubies in plats, same as last time. Worth getting.

Day 2 analysis

• Electrum bars x700 for 1 cosmic charge (20x) Solid offer. As a percentage of a tower level, 700 electrum is worth more than a cosmic charge. If you’re not using charges much this is worth going for.
  • Elemental Embers x9000 for 2 platinum chests (50x) Also same as last time, not a bad trade if you need embers more than other things, even by a bit.
  • Elemental Embers x1000 for 1100 black pearls (50x) Very nice trade for anyone with more than enough black pearls, nearly 1:1. Pearls are of course more expensive in lines etc, but once you have enough for your perches, any more has no use, so go for it.
  • Earth crafting shards x10k for 12k ice crafting shards (30x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Inner fire x15 for 100 sigils (20x) Better deal than last time with 10 inners for the same cost. I still feel it’s on the low side compared to the value of gold chests, but if your inners are low compared to energy it’s worth looking at.

Day 1 analysis

• Mythic Pylon Striker Glyph for 1850 sigils Striker runes and glyphs are pretty rare, and their +35% supershot damage can pack a real kick. Price seems reasonable, so I’d get this if you have a pylon or are considering building one.
  • Ice crafting shards x10k for 12k fire crafting shards (30x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Egg tokens x30k for Mystic fragment x150 (50x) Comes down to 200 tokens per fragment like before. Solid deal to change fragments for something more flexible, unless you really need the event points. But by now I guess everyone who wants to convert large amount has done it, not sure if this big trade options is really needed at this point.
  • Egg tokens x3000 for Mystic fragment x15 (50x) Same deal as above, but for smaller amounts.
  • Rune dust x350k for 85 sigils (20x) Same as last time, still pretty expensive. If you really need dust only.
48 Likes

I’m loving how creative you’re getting with these Trading post introductions lol

16 Likes

Thanks for the analysis. Very nice glyph. Would be nice to have another rune for electrum based towers, so we don’t have to leave a rune slot empty. We only have the exotic drakul hp/attack rune so far (maybe a choice of attack/hp when it came out) but I have 5 drakul and archmage glyphs to choose from.

Several OK unreleased runes for electrum towers on neon.

So I’m wondering why these egg token deals are still in here. They feel obsolete with the frags being removed from the draconics and take up 2 slots for deals. If they are going to continue with these frag trade deals they might as well just put the frags back in the draconics so people can choose what they want.

Instead of these unnecessary frag trades we could have also had something useful like timers or a black pearl trade-in.

2 Likes

Really sucks they put that glyph on day 1 of the trading post. Gonna miss out on it.

2 Likes

Fragments still exist in other aspects of the game (namely gold chests), so they are not obsolete.

We still have four days left.

Test for drakul glyph

4 Likes

It is Morr. PG needs to keep this option coming. Still have around 20k mystic fragment to convert after today. Pretty sure there are quite a few others like me around too.

4 Likes

Im not close to that, buttttt #helppaperthroughsummer foundation is opened, feel free to donate those.

5 Likes

Feel like it’s kinda useless, unless the ss damage buff also buffs the damage increase from other towers?

1 Like

Damn I might get a nosebleed imagining how many tokens you have in stock :exploding_head::+1:

6 Likes

Day 2 is pretty much an exact carbon copy of last post’s day 2. Only difference is more claims, which is very welcome for the pearls trade especially!

5 Likes

As the good people at Rolls Royce put it when asked about engine power, the token stash is: “Adequate”.

1 Like

I’m on 27000 mystic fragments and 7m tokens now. It’s mainly use to compete leaderboards more then real breeding haha. Need to convert at least 20k of those fragments to tokens. There’s nothing to breed for me. PG should allow using fragments for research eggs with auto conversion.

16 Likes

Wish they would allow more then 50 times trading black pearls into embers. But at least its better then nothing.

1 Like

There is a new tier coming out this season so they are usable for endgame whales as well. Cause tbh that’s the only group this trade was for.

Well yes but that doesn’t change anything about what I said. 2 of the total slots used up for unnecessary trade-ins is still a waste.

hahaha why not use the frags for research eggs? Gives hella points :rofl:

You cant use fragments on dragon you already own.

5 Likes

oh right my bad

8Mil event score…wtf…