Unchained - Week 13 - Breeding

Credit, News, & Questions

Credit:

• Credit for this poster goes to Tami of the Creators Faction.

News:

• Super Sigil Chests will see their second and final week this event.
  • Dungeons will also go live alongside this event.

Questions:

• Who is your favorite music artist? Link your favorite song by them, and/or tell of what it is you admire so much about them, either as a musician or as a public figure.
  • Which dragons, if any, will you breed this event?

My answers:

• I have a handful of favorites: from Michael Jackson, to Whitney Houston, to Cissy Houston (Whitney’s mother and original vocal teacher), to Prince, to Aretha Franklin, to Mariah Carey (and no, I am not just referring to her Christmas music; I wish everyone else would branch out of that part of her discography as well), etc.

Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross, and Dionne Warwick are other notable legends among my fairly diverse music taste. My favorite rock band is Queen, with KISS coming in hot behind them, although I truly don’t listen to much in the way of rock music. I can never go wrong with soul or gospel music (cue: Aretha Franklin and BeBe/CeCe Winans). I also think that Chaka Khan has a very powerful voice, as well as Celine Dion with her intimidating belts. I listen to reggae music on occasion, most notably that from Bob Marley. I enjoy listening to Marvin Gaye’s music as well. I generally don’t delve too deep into rap, but I do listen very passionately to Eminem, Missy Elliot, Lauryn Hill, Lil Wayne, Drake, and Nicki Minaj. I enjoy listening to music groups such as the Isley Brothers, New Edition, TLC, the Supremes, Salt-N-Pepa, and Destiny’s Child, among others. My music taste spans seven decades at most, including the previous one (there has been much change), but while I am generally very reticent about disclosing my age online for safety purposes, I can assure you that I am not anywhere near that age range. I am none but an old soul with an inquisitive desire for music. :notes::dove:

To answer my own question directly, though, and this is a hard selection to make from that truly legendary handful I listed at the bullet point, my all-time favorite musician would have to be Whitney Houston for her effortless mastery she exhibited in the way she sang the notes and her general down-to-earth personality that she presented when she socialized with people. She had an inimitable talent that the world will never see again, and it’s a true shame she passed the way she did. The same applies to Aretha Franklin. However, each and every member of that list is at the peak of my “musical mountain”.

• To close off the season, I will be breeding Phasma (my first Arcanum legendary) this event, with the aid of the Dungeons event. This event, I should also manage to ascend Barbend to mythic status.
8 Likes

One of my favorite bands, and i still to this day dont understand why people hate on them, is Nickleback.

Some of their songs just kinda hit home and because that they will hold a special place in my heart.
And of course my music taste is kinda all over the place because I also love Garrh Brooks, Ramdy Travis and Lee Ann Womack. I love this song the most from Lee Ann,

Because when I was younger, like newly born and into infant, my mom would sing this to me. So now every time we hear it on the radio we both sing along to it, even if were a little off key.
And my list of favorite bands and artists goes on, but ill leave yall with just one more XD.
Sleeping with Sirens, theyre a great band. I dont know why I like them so much but I just do. Maybe it was because i was introduce to this song…

As I cruised down the aussie roads in Forza horizon 3 at night and from there I was star struck.

2 Likes

Lol.

Will do only research.

2 Likes

been around for a while now but one of the best up and coming artists in the world atm… really just on another level… up there with the greats…bohemian rhapsody every bit as special as the original

1 Like
  1. Favorite music artist is 30 Seconds to Mars. Favorite songs are City of Angels and Closer to the Edge (depends on how I feel). Best concerts to let urself go for a few hours. Music and videos are excellent. Plus, Jared Leto is very interesting.
    Will give a shout-out to Crash Worship - best concerts ever. Hard to explain them correctly but it was a completely different experience. Had fires, people pouring wine over everyone, people dancing topless - all to rhythm of drums. Was very primal. Crash Worship - (The Abyss) Houston, Tx 9/2/97 - YouTube.

2. No dragons this Breed - have all 4 monarch - will be using 700k tokens on research (because I am a big boy who knows how to effectively use fragments).

3 Likes

P. Diddiy’s and The Weeknd’s all songs Serdar Ortaç and Gülşen

1 Like

I dont really have one, it’s more songs I like.
I do love Disturbed though

Also love Dan Vasc’s covers

Im still undecided. Either finally breed the monarch invoker or do more arcanum research

4 Likes

Same here, I don’t have a favourite song, but I enjoy these:

Nickelback - When We Stand Together - YouTube (@SoulStealer73 yes nickelback :grin::fire:)

And those anime songs (I love them):

2 Likes

How many monarch dragons will be required for maxing builder hut next fort ?

I have several artists who I respect and enjoy listening to. MCR, Queen, almost any classic rock (Pink Floyd heyooooo), Blue Oyster Cult, CARDIIIII, Lizzo, Doja, Snoop, Nickel Creek, Blue October, Disturbed…

My favorite band that nobody has heard of (tragic) is Enter the Haggis. We got to go see them in a bar when we were underage because we messaged them and friended them on Facebook and they were like wtf yea you can come to the show. Legit cool guys.

That said, hands down favorite band is Green Day. As soon as I heard them when I was in middle school every song spoke to some core part of me. The fact that they openly protest what they don’t agree with, stand up for what they do, and vocally challenge authority… Me likey. Then I finally got to see them live twice this year and it pretty much cemented their status in my heart. Once in a stadium and once like 3 rows back in the mosh pit where I made eye contact with Billie Joe and Mike, with @Lx460, which added another layer of magic. Both shows, there was this moment where I internally stepped back and just kind of looked around and thought to myself “Holy f*ck. This is what happy is.” Thanks for helping me survive middle/high school, guys. I really and truly cannot pick one song to crown their stuff, but this is one that was running through my head today.

Man idk whatever’s next I don’t pay attention to that sht

1 Like

:guitar:1- Mariah Carey. Not the way she is now but back in the 90s, when she wasn’t so into herself lol. Her voice is undeniably superb! I love singers that can belt ballads and excel in upbeat songs as well. She also used to have deeper lyrics than most pop music of today. She is my go-to when I’m feeling sad; when I’m feeling sassy; when I’m really happy! There’s a song for all my “Emotions” :wink::wink:. Her entire “#1s” album is hit after hit! :notes:

My all-time favorite song ever:

:guitar:2- Will finish Amaruhk, which completes my Monarch collection; and maybe do some research. :nerd_face:

EDIT: @Jalen (besides the gospel), I very much agree with all of your choices! You and I have very similar music tastes based on all the artists you’d mentioned in the OP.

2 Likes

Speaking of music-- if anyone currently has a music chat in LINE, or would like to create one, please reach out!

LINE: mej5023

3 Likes

Dungeons? It doesn’t look like we’re having it.

9500 sigils for 12M rune dust :exploding_head: @ZeroDucksGvn

Could someone please post the maxed stats for the limited time glyph? Thank you.

I hope it is this one. If so can I buy more than 1 please?

Maxed stats

8 Likes

Morrien said better than exotic in his spreadsheet line. Also worth getting for RSS as it works out good for all nodes

:drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

Oh… but PG is probably going to change it on us. They always change anything good

Do the Dragon attack and warrior attack buffs stack?