Unearthed - Week 13 - Team Gauntlet

Credit, News, & Questions

Credit:

• Credit for this poster goes to Tami of the Creators Faction.

News:

• There is nothing to report until next week.

Questions:

• What is one franchise you have a lot of appreciation for?
  • Do you believe in the afterlife?
5 Likes

We do have a trading post and another limited-time branch this week with their “surprise item”

Not really.
I believe in energy that always exists in the world and makes us up. Call it a soul, spirit, chi, mind or whatever. I do not believe in the idea of heaven with angels, clouds and all the jazz or of a hell with fire and torture blah blah blah. I do not believe you can contact the dead but instead that energy that was once living things surrounds us at all times but does not retain a consciousness.

I believe that the idea of an afterlife that many religions preach, of heaven, hell or whatever is humans trying to comfort themselves over the fear of death as well as a way to control people and instill fear of the idea of some all-powerful, judgemental being that demands their obedience.

Basically anything that makes life easier. Grocery stores for one, obviously I dont want to have to go out and collect my daily food and other goods. But then again many of those franchises are also responsible for destroying smaller, personally owned businesses

Culver’s is one, love their shakes and chicken. Restaurants are usually clean, staff is usually polite and my orders are always correct which is super rare to see now a days in any kind of fastfood industry.

As for the event, this is the one and only time I dont want to see Gauntlet. It is such a waste of a good event to put it at the end of the season FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW! Seriously, this is when we should have Fight Pits. Stick it at the end of the season and no other time. I hate the idea of both wasting yet another Gauntlet and potentially starting next season with Pits as our first pvp

4 Likes

That’s true. I generally don’t include things like those because of how transient they are; they just come and go, whether players were prepared or not. I suppose if it’d still help any, I could start including them.

2 Likes

As a man of science I agree with this , but must admit I have seen stuff in my life science can never explain :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Marvel :relieved:

As for afterlife? I do believe there’s something there. I’ve seen my share of actual ghosts.

5 Likes

I’m not really into brands. I find that loyalty only really works one way as far as businesses are concerned, and it’s not in the customer’s interest.

I’ll believe it when I see it

You’ve been to Florida then?

9 Likes

Anyone wondering where the heck Fight Pits is? Don’t have a problem with this event but it’s been like a season since Fight Pits was announced it’s like they are either doing something to Pit’s to either make it worse or better something I can’t even decipher.

Both…its definitely both. But FP is suppose to be the first pvp event of the new season or the second pvp. Will they hold true? Who knows🤷‍♀️.

And as for the afterlife question, I believe that most of ghost sightings people have is just residual pressure from those that pasted. I think theres a soul in everyone and some cant move on to where ever you belive in until theyre at peace. Call it stupid but I like the idea of having a loved one thats passed maybe with you till theyre happy. For example, I think my dumbass dog is still in my house and doesnt want to leave and my cat lets us know her “brother” is with us everyday by screaming at us.

2 Likes

There is an afterlife in some form.

Even if its just a bunch of worms feeding on my corpse so that they can grow big and strong and get eaten by a bird which gets eaten by a cat.

Death can create life, after.

In some regards life having finality is what makes it special. If we were immortal would we try to improve each day? Run faster PBs. Invent new things? Build legacies?

One quote from Homer in the Illiad which always stuck with me

“The gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.”

I actually hope there isn’t a heaven. For purely selfish reasons I simply wouldn’t qualify to go there and if I don’t qualify then an eternity in hell is rather unappealing.

Sometimes the thought of death I just accept as part of the cycle of life and sometimes it causes me mini panic attacks and anxiety its a weird beast :smiley:

2 Likes

Okay marvel contest of champions! :blush:

1 Like

Ultimate FOMO.

My primary concern about dying is all the things I may miss seeing, but if I actually die then none of that will matter any more.

2 Likes

Since PvP battles are predictable/scheduled, is there a timetable somewhere of when they occur? Even if it’s the PG PT timezone, that would be fine. Thanks.

They are roughly every 3 hours starting at noon PT on thursday, but not exactly 3 hours and not the same interval every time or in every league. I don’t know if they’re predictable though

I do realize it starts at noon PT but not the first PvP battle as there is a delay in that as we chase those chain islands. I will wind up making the chart myself. Then adding additional columns for the different time zones in the U.S. for the rest of the team. just wish I had done this last Gauntlet.

There is one more thing I just thought of. The event has a definite start time & a definite ending time & we know it’s 32 rounds. So I think it can be predictable. I think after charting the first 5 rounds & making sure the PvP start times are in regular intervals, it should be quite easy to fill in the chart for the rest of the event. It should be accurate to within a minute or two. My intent is to get an idea of which PvP battles my teammates can make.

@Morreion

Trading posts analysis please… :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

I will do one but it’ll be pretty close to the end of the day, I didn’t have time this morning so it’ll have to wait until after work.

5 Likes

Mucho gracias! :pray:t2::pray:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Checking past trading posts, it might be something like this:

• Mythic Drakul Pylon Attack Glyph for 1850 sigils (1x) Seems useful if you have a drakul pylon. Runes and glyphs for the newer towers are pretty scarce too, so I’d consider picking this up if you have a pylon, even if you currently don’t have space for it.
  • Lumber pack x20 for 100 sigils ( 100x ) Never going to be good value in absolutes, since lumber is free, but if you like to whale your fort event without any worry about hunting lumber these are cheap.
  • Ice crafting shards x10k for 12k fire crafting shards (100x) The standard for shard trades, fine if you need it.
  • Egg tokens x30k for Mystic fragment x150 (100x) Comes down to 200 tokens per fragment like before. At end game, a mystic fragment will cover 180 fragments (and give 400 event points), so this is a solid deal to change fragments for something more flexible, unless you really need the event points. I like the large amount offered here for people with a large stockpile of fragments.
  • Egg tokens x3000 for Mystic fragment x15 (100x) Same deal as above, but for smaller amounts.
3 Likes

:eyes: it just might… Should’ve looked here first and I could’ve copied :joy:

3 Likes