Greetings, Dragon Lords! v4.16 of War Dragons is bringing a huge number of gameplay additions, balance changes, new features, and bug fixes to Atlas and War Dragons. On the Atlas front, this update focuses on encouraging large-scale warfare between equally-matched individuals––but you won’t have to do it alone with the addition of Alliances! It’s an exciting new world out there, so read on to see what’s on the horizon!
- [Moved to v4.20]
Improved daily login bonuses to reward better items for each consecutive day of logging in to War Dragons!
- [Atlas] The world of Atlas just got bigger with the addition of more level 2 castles so that all teams can make a home for themselves and gain the benefits of infrastructure buffs. This update should result in about twice as many level 2 castles compared to previous amounts.
- Each team is now capped to owning at most 20 level 2 castles and 20 level 3 castles. Higher level castles unaffected. If a team already owns more than this they can be kept until lost.
- [Atlas] Removed Event Portals (Team Portals still exist, but new ones cannot be created. Losing a castle with a Team Portals means the Portal will be gone forever).
- [Atlas] You may now directly attack a Gold Mine or Poacher simply by being in the same region. Moving your Primarch onto a Mine or Poacher is no longer required.
- [Atlas] The edge of the world is no longer just covered in fog. Water visuals have been added.
Alliances are now available in Atlas! Your team may now join 4 other teams in peaceful coexistence, or create a war machine to raze a path of conquest through Atlas.
Each team may only be part of one Alliance at any given time.
Each Alliance can have a maximum of 5 teams total.
The Alliance Leader can forcefully remove teams from the Alliance.
Leaving an Alliance when your team is the leader of the Alliance will default leadership to the team with the highest Influence rating.
Accepting an invitation to another Alliance while you’re already in one will remove you from the one your team is currently a part of.
An Alliance can only be disbanded if there’s only one team remaining in it.
Allies behave just like teammates!
- Allied Primarchs will also face outwards from the castle.
- Allied Primarchs cannot be attacked, nor will they be able to attack you or impede your team’s usage of infrastructure in any way.
- Alliance members can freely pass through these castles unhindered.
- Alliance members are not affected by Blockades
- Allies gain the benefits of the Fort defense buff at the location of Allied castles with a Fort constructed.
- Shared fog of war: you see what Allies can see.
Alliance members’ Primarchs and castles will have yellow indicators instead of red ones (enemies) or blue ones (teammates).
Allies cannot attempt to conquer your team’s castles while you’re in the same Alliance.
Allies do NOT share team infrastructure bonuses like Gold, XP, Troop training time, and prize bonuses.
Taunters belonging to Allies will not taunt your Primarchs’ attacks, and will not taunt against your attacks either.
[ATLAS] GLORY AND TROOP CHANGES
Glory earned for killing Troops at a castle your team owns is always 100% if your team has owned that castle for more than 24 hours.
Otherwise, Glory earned in PvP battle is now scaled based on the difference in player level.
For example, if you are level 100:
- Attacking players who are >= level 300 will always grant 100% Glory
- Someone level 70 and above would grant 100% of the possible Glory from an attack that kills Troops
- Someone Level 33 or below would grant 0% of the possible Glory from an attack.
- Someone between level 33 and 70 grants between 1 and 99% of the possible Glory from an attack.
- A level 52 opponent would grant 50% of the possible Glory.
Here are a few examples in the chart below.
|Your Level||Opponent Level for 100% Glory||Opponent Level for 50% Glory||Opponent Level for 0% Glory|
|500||300 or more||258||166 or less|
|400||280 or more||207||133 or less|
|300||210 or more||155||99 or less|
|250||175 or more||129||83 or less|
|200||140 or more||103||66 or less|
|150||105 or more||77||49 or less|
|100||70 or more||52||33 or less|
|50||35 or more||26||16 or less|
The Troop maximum kill cap per battle has been halved to 7,500 Troops (down from 15,000).
The kill cap has been reduced to allow the troops lost in one large battle to be completely revived in one day (24 hours), even without any territory ownership. Sending all your Troops into battle should feel like much more recoverable risk than before so that you can get right back into the action sooner.
Atlas Troops reworked into Offensive and Defensive Troops: you will no longer need to choose between using your Troops for attacking or using them to defend a position.
Upon v4.16 release, 1 point of Team Glory will be granted for every living Troop the team owns, and Event Shields will be active for teams to hire Castle Guards for their castles.
Personal Troops (Offensive) are used only for attacking other players and are no longer attached to any Garrison.
- When trained, these Troops will still be automatically loaded onto any Primarchs you have stationed at your Home castle.
- Troops in excess of your total Primarch Troop capacity are placed in your barracks so that you may add them to a Primarch at any friendly/allied/neutral castle later on.
- You can view how many overall reserved Troops you have at the “Barracks” infrastructure building in the castle.
- Troops in your Inventory cannot be attacked.
- Troops on your Primarch cannot be returned to your barracks once loaded onto a Primarch.
[IMPLEMENTED NEXT WEEK] Castle Guards (Defensive) are summoned to a castle’s Garrison solely to defend against attacks.
- Once summoned at a castle, these are permanently attached to that castle and cannot be moved or transferred in any way.
- Your team earns 1 point of Team Glory for each point of personal glory you earn (like medals).
- Team Glory is used by the Fort’s Marshal to hire more Castle Guards.
- When attacked, the Garrison’s Castle Guards are defended by an NPC/AI base whose level increases with the level of your fort.
[ATLAS] PRIMARCH CHANGES
Travel is now much faster and will now only take a maximum of 10 minutes for the longest reaches of the map.
Primarchs now navigate through ally-owned or neutral castles to reach their destination when possible.
- If a safe path is not possible, the last safe castle on that path will be indicated.
Traveling to an enemy castle requires a Move command from a castle adjacent to that enemy castle.
You cannot cancel a Move order or add Waypoints to it once a Move command is issued. * A Primarch must complete its Move order before beginning a new one.
When Trapped by a Rusher, a Primarch can no longer block enemy attacks aimed directly at the Garrison even if the Primarch has more Troops than the attackers.
This is a specific case to the rule where a Primarch with more Troops than all the other Primarchs at a location can attack the Garrison directly. This change was necessary with the addition of Castle Guards.
[ATLAS] INFRASTRUCTURE CHANGES
- The Bank and Tower on any team-owned castle can now be upgraded to maximum level (12) regardless of the castle’s level.
- Infrastructure bonuses per infrastructure level upgrade for Tribute and XP bonuses increased from 20% increase over previous level to 48% increase over previous level.
- Tribute v2.0
- Players may now choose their type of daily tribute, depending on the team’s castle ownership.
- Up to three different Tribute types are possible: Troops, Breeding Token, or Expedites.
- Breeding Token tributes are available in regions level 2+
- Troop merchants are available in regions level 3+
- Expedite merchants are available in level 4+ regions.
[ATLAS] DRAGON RIDER MISSIONS
Your Dragon Riders have been battle-tested and are ready to fly out into the world to bring back riches and resources to grow your kingdom!
Added Dragon Rider Combat Levels
- You’ll be able to find your Rider’s Combat Level next to the name of the Dragon in the Rider menu, and combat ratings throughout the Rider Gear crafting menus.
- Determines what level of Dragon Rider Missions you can send this rider on.
- Leveling up the Rider and equipping Rider Gear raises the Rider’s Combat Level.
Combat Level tiers are indicated by a star icon next to the Rider’s name, and currently goes up to 5 stars
Stars Combat Level ☆ 1,000 ☆☆ 5,000 ☆☆☆ 9,000 ☆☆☆☆ 13,000 ☆☆☆☆☆ 17,000
Added Dragon Rider Missions
- Your Dragon Riders can be assigned to different missions to bring back Gold, Breeding Tokens, Crafting Materials, Expedites, and possibly more in the future!
- Dragon Riders can only be assigned to missions that they have a high enough combat level to complete.
- A Dragon Rider must be bonded to a Dragon in order to be sent on a mission.
- Your Dragon with a bonded Rider does not need to be in your active roster in order to complete missions.
- You may not change or remove Rider Gear on a Rider that is out on a mission.
- Each mission has a random chance to grant Bonus loot when claiming.
- Rider Mission tokens can be used to complete a rider mission of a certain star level regardless of dragon riders combat level and element.
- Fixed an exploit where the Forge could still be used to craft items while it was in the process of upgrading.
- Fixed an exploit where Apophet’s Summon Warrior would cause Apophet to not take regular damage.
- Fixed confusing text when unbonding and bonding a Rider to a different Dragon.
- Fixed an issue with where Defense battle lobbies would become “full” at only two defenders instead of the intended 3.
- Fixed a rare issue where teams at war with each other would receive the wrong type of banners due to also being paired up against each other in the PvP event.
- Fixed an issue with Chaos Runes not applying the right damage buff.
Improved the visual feedback for the Platinum-tier Sorcerer stun research skill.
- Fixed unclear wording for collecting rewards in the player Level-up screen.
- Fixed an issue where the sounds for tapping on buttons was not being heard despite being toggled “On” in the settings menu.
- Fixed a UI issue where the Egg Token count number would appear in red despite acquiring enough using Rubies.
- Fixed a UI issue where the insufficient Rubies count on the expedite button in Research is displayed in white instead of red.
- Fixed an issue with bad positioning of the “Quit” button in the Dragon selection screen for defenders.
- Fixed an issue where the checkmark on the Team Meeting Hall does not revert back to “Join” after user has left the team in Build mode.
- Fixed in issue in early game states where the “Join” button from Team Meeting Hall shows above fog.
- Fixed an issue where the tappable area for the “X” button to dismiss an attack/defense banner was larger than the icon indicated.
- Fixed an issue where the tappable area extended outside the boundary box for new building unlocks during player level-up.
- Fixed a UI overlap issue with referrals and the level-up dialogue.
- Fixed a visual issue with the amount of daily Dragon XP granted from perched dragons.
- Fixed an issue with the “Built” counter on Towers and Perches that denotes how many of that particular building have been constructed.
- [Atlas] Fixed an issue where the Gold progress bar would exceed the bounded amount.
- [Atlas] Fixed a visual issue where the Gold amount displayed in the radial menu of a Gold Mine was shown longform and not rounded to the nearest 1k.
- [Atlas] Fixed an issue where the Atlas Event page would not properly load if the icon was tapped too quickly in succession.
- [Atlas] Fixed an issue where dismissing “You were attacked” dialogues would return the player to an infinite loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where the healing effect of Southern Cross (Light) was reduced when Gargula’s Stoneform was active.
- Fixed a localization issue when trying to purchase RSS with Rubies when storage is full.
- Fixed a localization issue when trying to purchase additional Elite Account status.
Performance and Crashes
- Fixed a sync error that would sometimes occur when rewarded with Rubies during player level-up.
- Fixed a sync error that would sometimes occur when breeding dragons.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to build more Towers than the allowed maximum amount would return a sync error instead of a proper warning message.
- Fixed a crash issue when tapping on the info button in the Bounty Harbor.
- [iOS] Fixed a rare crash issue for iOS devices.
- [Android] Fixed an issue where notifications would cause a crash on startup for some Android devices.
- Fixed a broken image asset required when entering the Hall of Research.
- Added memory optimizations for game asset downloading.
- Added support to help provide testing environments for the Gameplay Faction.