War Dragons 2019 Quality of Life discussion

I really like the idea several people have mentioned of being able to destroy old towers and bank the removed xp somehow to allow people to repair mistakes they made on their base layouts without having to start a new account from scratch. It’s a huge problem if you have a high level indefensible base on your team, it’s like giving away points to the enemy for free.

There really are some great suggestions here, I would love to be able to have access to in game mail while in atlas. It’s really bothersome to have to go from atlas to main game and back…

Thank you, spending about 2 hours with this during the last breed was kinda annoying.

Another thing that bugs me. May be already mentioned above. Did not read every comment.

When you have crafted gear (e.g. over night) and you click directly on the forge, you do not see the rarity of the crafted gear. You have to go via Riders menu -> Gear -> Craft Gear so that craft menu gets opened up. If you then click on the gear crafted, you get the info while “collecting” the gear.

I am completely on board. In that instance, they need an error message saying, “no primarch available” with a “summon now” button. Atlas is far too clunky and because of this it needs to be exceptionally well explained in the error messages leading people to make easy decisions rather than trying to figure it out for themselves.

Basically, any game that has constant error messages advising you cannot perform an action has been badly designed.

I really like that idea. I don’t know how often I stayed awake just to start fort instead of sleeping.

It shouldn’t make a difference if you play 2 hours per day all at once or 4 times per day with half an hour. But it makes a huge difference cause of the egg missions.

I would love it if we would get all egg missions at the start of the day, like 1 big egg mission, 3 middle egg missions and 9 small egg missions (or other amounts, I don’t know what’s best). As soon as one egg mission is done, the next pops up immediately until everything is done for the day. You can skip missions, of course, but then you have less mission in total for that day.

I really like this idea. At a time where many other app and social media companies are working towards reducing user time spent looking at their device, PG is actively working to keep us in the game as much as humanly possible. They have a social responsibility to allow us to play the game whilst not worrying about logging in every single hour to complete tasks.

This is the very definition of “Quality of Life” and should be implemented immediately. Likewise, caps on spending gold in Atlas. Get rid of the silly little hats and give people a daily limit upfront of how much gold they can use.

Add chat screen at bottom of pvp event screens!! People do multiple runs and have no clue they’re being spoken to in tc

Mail needs to be accessible in atlas!!!

Few suggestions:

• deactivate mega attack 2h before round ends ( let’s bring back team competition and not money competition)
  • increases team ranking points in event prizes so they make essential points for moving up in leagues and at same time decrease points for war and take off defense counter so fun from wars can be back to game
  • stop increasing costs for obtaining seasonal dragons
  • bring back raid button
  • introduce loyalty rewards ( 6m -1y over 2 years playing)
  • introduce 1$-5$-10$ packs with useful things ( inner, chests, timers, eggs, rubies)
  • fix 300 cap
  • introduce language translation for chats
  • fix lagging when defenders join attacks
  • make runes that match dragon spells ( garnet and up), alow runes to be replaced on dragons
  • make old towers scrappable with regaining some amount of timers used for building it
  • some new PvP or PvE events
  • rework old dragon tiers to corespond new towers ( example: hugin vs flaks ) so the new players can actually do something on bases they are hitting
  • atlas bank weekly view ( who sent to whom on cumulative base)
  • glory scaling and revive rate ( For example to prevent top 50 ranked teams to hit 350+ ranked team and get full glory while defenders gets poor revive rate)
  • bring back bazaar

I think that’s a bit too much to ask, but extending it to 30 mins would be nice.

Also please disable megacoins for the first 15/30 mins of each new island in gauntlet, even in platinum league it’s almost impossible to get more than a single run in. Must be worse in Sapphire and up with people just insta-cancelling their mega’s for half points.

[quote=“TheMimi, post:234, topic:78950, full:true”]

• stop increasing costs for obtaining seasonal dragons.

• bring back raid button.

• introduce loyalty rewards ( 6m -1y over 2 years playing)

• introduce 1$-5$-10$ packs with useful things ( inner, chests, timers, eggs, rubies)

This and make current ones more valuable.

• fix lagging when defenders join attacks

• alow runes to be replaced on dragons.

• make old towers scrappable with regaining some amount of timers used for building it. timers or resources
    Either make the refund be in tower packs similar to wood packs that will give you back point for point in level and XP.
    I’d be fine with yours if it didn’t effect player level somehow!

• some new PvP or PvE events.

• rework old dragon tiers to corespond new towers ( example: hugin vs flaks ) so the new players can actually do something on bases they are hitting.

• atlas bank weekly view ( who sent to whom on cumulative base)[/quote]

Love these ideas :green_heart:

Forgot a very important (to me at least) one…

Please stop changing the location of spells as dragons level up and maybe even develop some plan for consistently placing certain types of spells in certain order.

My current lvl 39 Pathox has the passive death’s door at the bottom and it’s making me cranky when I try to hit chill from within spectral form and uncloak only to die horribly.

Not just him, others have mentioned this in the past. Ultimately it would be nice to be able to customize spell placement and other aspects of this UI that so many MUST have said they love since we got stuck with it.

Like inside Atlas where the Atlas quest nags me with what I should do next. We don’t even need that atlas quest button on the left since we can get from the nice, collapsible side bar.

You can actually turn that banner off in the settings.

You can?!! :heart_eyes:

edit: The “Atlas notifications”?

That won’t stop any push notifications castles be under attack or needing upkeep?

edit 2:

Think I found it… Have to go into settings from within atlas to shut off the banner. Didn’t know the settings were different depending on where you come from.

Sounds like I should add another QOL suggestion to keep it consistent… lol

edit 3 and last (I promise)

Stupid button is still there an un-necessary, but at least I get nagged by one less thing on a daily basis.

JK no one nags me… good thing the missus doesn’t play :wink:

I learnt something new today. :grin:

The other handy ones I like in Atlas options is turn off team colors. I also occasionally like having the option to unlock the screen orientation so you can rotate around to view a castle from a different angle instead of it always locked to a Northern alignment :upside_down_face:

can we please please add the email in atlas screen??? @PGJared @PGCrisis @PGDave

Tower recycling is a tricky one… My suggestion would be a tower exchange, something like the following…

I.e. (example only, numerical values are purely fictional)

Step One:

Tower(s) to be recycled… select 5 lightning , 1 fire flak and 2 ballista

Value = 1million xp, 5k elemental embers, 14 million wood

Step Two:

Tower to be built… select Earth Flak

Step Three:

Resources to complete upgrade to Level 10 Earth Flak (lvl determined by the xp value of the previous towers)

Resources required = 24k elemental embers, 500k wood and 1500 rubies… Proceed Y or NO

Only new rrs, in this case 24k elemental embers and 500k wood count in fort event… the rubies being the premium paid for recycling towers.

Players need the ability to fix previous errors and to stay relevant with the release of new towers subject to a fee in a way that does not mess with the xp earned by the previous tower(s) built or their current level. Second to progression this would improve game play immensely.