War Mercenaries

I guess I should say team members. But anyway we’re not a full team, so the point still stands

All is fair in love and war…if I could borrow a 525 for wars I would. Just being honest. But I don’t have friends…that’s why I play this game.

The real problem is just that (don’t hate me) 50 player teams are too big. This problem, and most other war mechanic issues, all go away if teams are smaller. Even half the size would be amazing. 10-25 player teams would be perfect.

If there is a programmer out there in the ether with wild aspirations of building a WD spinoff…PLEASE…make teams smaller. Thank you

Yeah, the idea of how many people is “enough” is interesting across games, platforms, and genres. In some games, you’re limited to 4 people in a party (Diablo), in others you can have 5 or 6 (WoW and Everquest, respectively). In some games, a raid may require 10, another raid 25 (WoW), while other games may require something like Everquest’s original of 72 (and that’s 72 people all online at the same time for 4 to 6 hours at a stretch).

If PG were to simply say “Alright, teams are now down to 25. You lot have fun sorting that out!” I think it would generate a lot of hostility.

Then again, it seems they’ve grown some incredibly thick skin, so…

Oh I get that. And I wouldn’t suggest that teams simply be ripped in half. I think that down the road, whomever is smart enough to build the successor to this game should allow for smaller teams.

Can you imagine the outage if all teams in the game were suddenly disbanded and ALL players were required for form new, smaller teams AND start from scratch…there would be rioting in the streets…lol

Hadn’t thought about this before if I’m being honest. On the surface I like the premise but this affects Atlas quite a bit assuming Atlas doesn’t change. Hard to defend 20 castles with 25 people who may not play at the same time.

Edit: Especially if you had to actually split the land up amongst former teammates…

For this reason, not happening. An interesting thought though. I like it.

Right, eagles eating the liver and all.