We’re PGWizard and PGSurtr from the Dragons QA Team - Ask Us Anything!

Greetings, Dragon Lords!

Today’s a special day on the Forums, since we are hosting our first ever AMA! This AMA will be focused on the QA team here at War Dragons and their work on the game.

@PGWizard and @PGSurtr are your QA folks joining us today. Feel free to tag them in your questions!

A few things to note before we start this AMA:

• You are welcome to ask our team anything you may like. Please note that questions that are not specific to the QA process may be outside of their wheelhouse, and may not have an exact answer.
  • This is an AMA, but we will continue moderating this thread based on the Forums’ Code of Conduct. No inappropriate questions, please.
  • Non War Dragons questions are also encouraged! Previous work experience, other questions about game development, or even “what’s your favourite colour?” are welcome.

We’re here until 5pm PT, so we’ve got two hours to answer your burning questions. Ask away!

About @PGWizard: I’ve been on the War Dragons team for about three and a half years, shortly after the 1.0 launch. At this point, I’ve been able to touch just about every part of the game. I’ve worked on testing new features, smoothing out the processes for events and seasons, performance testing, and I was there helping the Android launch get out the door. Nowadays, my focus is more on improving overall testing coverage and efficiency, as opposed to hands on testing.

About @PGSurtr: I’m part of the Events and Seasons team, so my focus is almost entirely on the weekly events. Broadly, I’m in charge of ensuring that all the events get properly tested, that any issues that come up in testing are addressed before we go live, and that any issues reported the previous time we ran the event have been verified as fixed. I do much the same with new seasons, though my focus is primarily on the season UI itself as the dragons themselves and their abilities are handled by a separate team. I also make sure that any packs that are added to the Store work properly.

Beyond that, though, I’m also involved in a variety of event-planning meetings. Just prior to this AMA, for instance, we were discussing how Temple Raid went, what still needs to be done for Feeding, and the plan for next week’s event.

Hiya Guys
Obvious question… Will there be Super Sigil chests available at the end of Duskfall season?

So @PGwizard and @PGSurtr

What do you guys do?

How do you plan on addressing the player base and their discontent?

When will the 300 wall be fixed?

are you offer those special pack to all players?

A lot of releases since I started playing this game seem pretty buggy. Building times changed, a dragon disappeared, players couldn’t get into the event. How does an issue like the 4.80 Android apk size or the other 4.80 bugs get by? Do you have any plan to reduce those?

Valid question. There’s certainly not as much visibility into QA, especially compared to programmers or game designers. In general, QA is responsible overall quality of the game—not just finding bugs, but playtesting, reviewing design documentation, and setting the bar for overall quality.
Me specifically, I’ve been on the War Dragons team for about three and a half years, shortly after the 1.0 launch. At this point, I’ve been able to touch just about every part of the game. I’ve worked on testing new features, smoothing out the processes for events and seasons, performance testing, and I was there helping the Android launch get out the door. Nowadays, my focus is more on improving overall testing coverage and efficiency, as opposed to hands on testing.

No answers yet :roll_eyes:
Ah now😝

Hard to tell if sarcasm or serious. :thinking:

Well I’m part of the Events and Seasons team, so my focus is almost entirely on the weekly events. Broadly, I’m in charge of ensuring that all the events get properly tested, that any issues that come up in testing are addressed before we go live, and that any issues reported the previous time we ran the event have been verified as fixed. I do much the same with new seasons, though my focus is primarily on the season UI itself as the dragons themselves and their abilities are handled by a separate team. I also make sure that any packs that are added to the Store work properly.

Beyond that, though, I’m also involved in a variety of event-planning meetings. Just prior to this AMA, for instance, we were discussing how Temple Raid went, what still needs to be done for Feeding, and the plan for next week’s event.

@PGSurtr @PGwizard, those spcial offer pack, when all the player going to be able to buy those special pack that only some players got.

If the question is not regarding QA specifically, then PGWizard and PGSurtr will be unable to respond. Examples include: addressing the 300 wall, special offer packs, discontent, etc.

How do event problems funnel from all the media channels (forums, support, facebook, stream, etc) to your team?

How do you prioritize bug fixes and what determines the prioritization?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

How do so many game breaking bugs get through the QA process to the end user undetected?

Edit to add: But they’re found by the playerbase in minutes after an update drops. I don’t understand how that’s possible.

Are you going to adress the terrible revive rate or hat regen rate, u lowered the regen rate and now the revive rate and its be omming impossible to keep up with big teams and players who spend money on horns etc, makes atlas a horrible place for alot of players.
Also is there going to be an option for spells to be moved to the right side of the screen for players who are left handed, its hard for me to cast spells and also fire with my dragon

@PGSurtr
Before our beloved Red left the forum, she created a suggestion for replacing Feed with XP event, and it get very good response, atleast from forum residents. Any view on that?

One of the major issues I hear brought up with literally every PvP event is that the experience is ruined by the amount of influence mega coins provide. Can you comment on this, and perhaps on whether there’s any potential for resolution?

Is there an ACTUAL, definite QA process you would like to share? Because in 3.5 years I have yet to see anything consistent. What grade do you give PG as far as its QA?