Week 8 of Lotusbloom - Gauntlet. Energy resets?

@RamenWithSoup @DragonPunch
Will this round of Team Gauntlet feature the same 12hr reset times that we got at the end of the Winter season or is it back to 24hr energy resets?

For reference from last time

1 Like

Also energy cost is also reduced only 5 pack for 100 energy

1 Like

How are prizes down? I see no change from previous runs of this event

No, the prizes are the same as last time.

3 Likes

It is 12 hours, we noted this in a wee italic script below the tables in the blog post.

Great change if the cost for each prize will keep remaining the same. :grin:

3 Likes

Those changes are great… now if we could just get the pve island cooldown times decreased then this event could actually be quite good. Waiting 6hrs for a pve island to open up because you cant get more than 1 attack in on a pvp island is super frustrating. Some teams even have all 14 islands on cooldown at once and thus cant even attack in the event at that time.

3 Likes

Is the blanket cooldown scenario common?

for the islands that don’t give terrible points, yes.

5 Likes

Especially in the higher leagues, this is extremely common, and even in Platinum league, it’s pretty common for half a dozen of the most-valuable islands AND the PvP island to all be on cooldown at once.

This has been one of the longstanding complaints with this event - that players on the same team actually have to compete against each other to get points, because the cooldowns on the islands mean that there’s a hard limit on the number of points available in a given event.

And because of the cooldowns on the islands, it means that if I spend my energy on an island that’s worth a lot of points, and put it into cooldown, my teammates are actually at a disadvantage, because they literally cannot get as many points for their energy.

7 Likes

Seems counter intuitive to limit the number of points a player can get thereby limiting their desire to buy more resources.

1 Like

Been yelling that since event first ran :rofl:
Pretty sure it’s been posted before :thinking:
I can’t agree more having to compete against my own team
For points is counterproductive to teamwork and spending !
Why can’t we add a decent sized permanent island to the chain
one that doesn’t effect vp but pays decent points.:+1:
And this event might actually be more profitable for pg! lol
And thank you for adjusting the energy costs this event
it might actually hold some fun for us now :facepunch:

1 Like

Bummer! I can imagine that leads to some interesting team dynamics. Let me see what I can find out about this. There is a chance that there is some method to this perceived madness, so if this is working as it should, maybe I can shed some light on the purpose.

4 Likes

To say the least. Ive seen people getting really mad in TC because of how fast the islands were getting cleared. We’ve had times when we werent allowed to hit the islands so that people who worked long hours could manage to get some personal points during their break. It definitely can cause issues, especially if the time you have to get on is limited. This is the only pvp where it’s actually difficult to burn through your energy because there’s nothing to hit for 3hrs or more.

It’s also the only pvp where you basically cant even do normal attacks because of how quick islands get cleared. You’ll be sitting there all day with a couple hundred energy that you cant get rid of

2 Likes

Mm, thanks - this is good context. I was able to look into this a few minutes ago - the team is aware of concerns and the feedback has been helpful. I can’t make any comments on adjustments/fixes to this cooldown period, but as soon as I know something, I’ll tell you. Feel free to ping me in a week or two. I’m not sure what the info timeline will be, but I don’t mind updating at reasonable intervals (ie: not every 5 minutes).

5 Likes

Thanks for looking into it! We definitely don’t expect immediate changes, or cooldowns completely removed, but any progress would be nice.

It’s definitely frustrating when level 500 players are reduced to attacking level 50 bases for a pittance of points, because there are no targets available closer to their level, or when players log off because they can neither attack islands in the event nor attack castles in Atlas.

And it feels like players should be happy that their teammates are hitting the enemies hard, not getting frustrated and angry with them because they’re scoring all the points. It becomes a zero-sum game even within the team. And that seems…less than ideal, especially when the community aspect is really what keeps this game together.

3 Likes

Agreed, supporting teammates instead of begrudgingly watching their success doesn’t seem like something we’d want! Honestly, if every interaction ended with the gif below, I’d be over the moon.

wingman

4 Likes

Thank you pg for your response on this event issue!!!
and looking forward to changes in future runs of this event
And this will help with internal team morale and reduce drama
As for the gif you and me both brother :sunglasses::facepunch::+1:
Teamwork is dream work :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. The idea that an event can cause a team to start fighting amongst itself because they’re participating too much is crazy.

Like right now everything is on CD except for the first two islands. So for the next hour no one can do anything and the pvp will only last a few minutes :sob:

@PGGalileo thank you for your replies. It is very much appreciated to know that someone is at least aware of this issue

4 Likes

Yep all islands down here​:man_shrugging: no reasons to play or SPEND!! Lol :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Thx black Frye your post was on point :sunglasses::facepunch:

1 Like