Well... it’s time. 🦖

Hey there, forum friends. This’ll be a long one.

In a time long passed (January of 2017) I downloaded a game called War Dragons. Looked fun, I love dragons, and the graphics were cool. After three days, I deleted it, because I found it boring. /laugh track ensues/
In July of the same year, I picked it up again, and that time, I didn’t put it down. For over a year, I have spent hours per day doing XP runs, war waves, countless event attacks, perfecting my flying, helping teammates, extensively planning my progress so I can better succeed… the list goes on. Eleven months of this time was spent as an officer in my former team, KinSlayerDager; though I have since left it, the memories of my dear friends there will not leave me. My current team, LastShadows, has some of the most kind-hearted and amazing people in it that I’ve ever met, and I will not forget them either.
I remember being a mere hatchling, maybe around level 30 or so, back in the ‘17 summer season. I saw Yersinu on someone’s top 3 dragons and thought “Wow, I want that one!!!” He was so easily overshadowed by Whalegnawer, but he still holds a little place in my heart as one of my first goals to achieve.
I remember Kinnarus, my first divine… oh, I thought she was wonderful! I only got her to green tier, but I still love her, even if she’s mostly useless now. I named her Quetzalia, because she looks like one of those tropical quetzal birds to me. I also got Drakius, just to orange. He’s less of a prominent memory.
I remember flying Ettin, the first hunter I ever loved—as long as I didn’t press Self-Destruct! I had no idea how much I’d learn to enjoy flying hunters, so much so that it’d later become one of the primary reasons to play at all.
I remember taking down a base 100 levels higher than me (191 to be exact) with my new Avyx in the Wintertide season. My little level 90 self felt so accomplished, even though it was probably a shitty base.
I remember studying so hard to guide my teammates through Atlas, and it was an exhilarating day when we were all scrambling to conquer castles and claim a bit of the map as our own, no matter how small. It was a whole new world; I’d heard about it for so long, and finally I got to experience it for myself. It made me happy, and these days, that’s something I can’t take for granted.
Once upon a time, I had genuine moments in which I thought to myself “I fucking LOVE War Dragons.” But I don’t have those moments anymore. I no longer reap any enjoyment from the things in this game that I once found fantastic, and that’s why I’m hanging up my hat as a once-dedicated War Dragons player.

I’m tired. I’m tired of the constant disasters with every update that claims to “fix” things. I’m tired of paying hundreds of thousands of breeding tokens for outdated dragons and thinking “Well, this one’s useless.” I’m tired of knowing that I will never, ever see end-game content because of both the insane progression walls and the releases that happen faster than anyone can keep up. I’m tired of this new content being introduced on top of long-standing problems that have been disregarded by Pocket Gems. I’m tired of our well-thought-out suggestions to improve the game that WE play and spend on be completely ignored. I’m tired of our complaints about the negative changes PG has introduced (new UI, anyone?) also being, you guessed it, completely ignored. I’m tired of feeling like my time and money is wasted on a game run by a company that VERY CLEARLY has no respect for its players.

It hurts me to leave this game, it really does. War Dragons has been such a profound presence in my life over this past year and a half. I’ve put so much time and effort into it that it’s extremely hard to let go. It hurts not only because of my love for the community here, but because of the potential of this game that will never be realized. My hope for improvement has died. I can’t continue to make excuses as to why I still play when so many prominent, extreme issues constantly ruin my experience. I think a part of me will always love WD—I believe the things we love in life never really leave us, at least not fully—but it’s no longer enough for me to play. War Dragons was my life once, and now I must move on. The rest of my life is calling, and I need to hang up this phone to answer it.

I would like to thank all of the many, many friends I have made here for making my War Dragons experience brighter than anything else in the game ever did. I may one day forget the names of my beloved dragons that I once loved to fly, but I will not forget any of yours.
If anyone would like to keep in contact, you can PM me for my LINE ID. I’ll most certainly be lurking here on the forums for a while even after I’ve made my peace with the game itself. You all know by now that I’m too devoted to this community to cut it cold turkey. Old habits don’t die easily… but seeing as how I’m a 65 million year-old dinosaur, neither do I!

:t_rex: :t_rex: :t_rex: :t_rex: :t_rex:

116 Likes

We’ll miss you buddy. Hope you come back eventually. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow! You will be missed dear😔
Good luck in rl! Enjoy your free time and have a lot of great moments.
You have my vote for every word above

4 Likes

Goodbye hellraptor. I really enjoyed your posts and will miss them, but I fully understand.

6 Likes

See you around Rap. Was fun seeing your Hau vids on Line… :rofl:

5 Likes

shit like this shouldn’t happen!

You’ll certainly be missed, hellraptor and I complete get why you’re leaving. It’s just a sad shame it has to happen at all. PG got greedy as hell and are losing good people.

Wishing you the absolute best!

6 Likes

Damn bro you just ruined my day :cry:. Hope you reconsider and come back soon. We will miss you.

8 Likes

:heart: you, HR.

2 Likes

Take care and God bless buddy!

2 Likes

Good luck Hellraptor. The community will miss you and everything you brought to it.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Dont worry, they will offer you an entire tier of dragons if you just stay away for a couple months :joy::joy::joy:

But until then, you will be missed :green_heart:

14 Likes

It’s a huge shame that your going. I can’t blame you. Not after all this but still. You leaving will be a loss to the community. But for what it’s worth for me, I hope you make that phone call a phenomenal one.

4 Likes

Noooooo :sob: I’m going to miss my favorite raptor buddy :sob::sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

Hate to see you go.

I won’t quit, yet. But PG sure as hell won’t see another dime from me, and that $99 token pack was looking mighty tempting up until I saw that they were giving Emerald to “less than 10” former players to convince them to return.

5 Likes

Rawr, rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr, rawr. Rawr rawr rawr, rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr. Rawr rawr rawr. :t_rex:: :wave: :sob:

DinoTranslate: Damn, sad to see you go, dude. Totally understand though, it’s getting pretty tough to justify continuing when they show how little they care about us. Good luck buddy. :t_rex:: :wave: :sob:

8 Likes

:pensive:

I understand but it doesn’t make it any easier. :cry:

2 Likes

:green_heart::t_rex:

6 Likes

Goodbye Hell, hope you come back in the future. You will be missed

3 Likes

My only advice is…

Don’t linger. If you really want to quit, just leave. Leave the forums. Leave any line groups that are only related to the game. Leave. Not because you want to right now, but because looking in from the outside is torture and you will get pulled back in.

Trust me. I know.

23 Likes

Yes, create a new group where you can be top dino and then we’ll spam all the pets :heart_eyes:

6 Likes