What's going on with KW

Love it or hate it, Kingdom Wars has again been cut from the expected rotation for the second time this season. I’m curious to know if this a permanent change and/or what can we expect coming in the future. A revamp of KW? A replacement? (Capture the flag/tug-of-war make a return, hint hint).

1 Like

I guess PG needs more time to “fix” the event (as there is no announcement about its retirement).
However, unless PG staff give their comment, it won’t be sure.
@Crisis

2 Likes

It’s gone so don’t go looking for it :woozy_face:

6 Likes

Stop talking about it, it could be like beetlejuice, if you say its name too many times then it’ll show up. It could be like Freddy Kruger, when we go to sleep it will attack us in our dreams and we’ll wake up tomorrow to an announcement that they’ve changed the event

Let us just pretend that abomination never existed. From now on only refer to it as the event that must not be named.

12 Likes

Kingdom Wars.
Kingdom Wars.
Kingdom Wars.

1 Like

That was 4 hrs ago… are you there still?

2 Likes

Kingdom Wars got me. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It hooked you in by hypnosis after you repeatedly hit the same base over and over and over (you are getting sleeeeepy…) and over and over (take your wallet out…) :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Kingdom War will be back. PG is probably trying hard to fix some issue with the event just as they have done with gauntlet.

I hope not. KW was the most unbalaced event PG had ever thought of.
Success depended greatly on you placement on the map. Not sure how PG can find a fix to even things up so every team can attack every team.

2 Likes

You mean like conquer the world?

1 Like

yes please lets get King of the Hill back :pray:
with raid option

4 Likes

This is why we can’t have nice things…

1 Like

True enough, only fixable if capitals can be moved.

King of the Hill effectively sorted stronger teams at the top, weaker teams at the bottom. Still my favorite event of all time.

What if no one started with a capital, but the first hex won by a team became the capital. First hex would have to be in an area demarcated on the board (at least 3-4 spaces away from any monument). This way no one could complain about their placement, and maybe even delay placement strategically. Problem would be event start time for non-North American teams, but perhaps not a problem if the first hex costs less points, so fewer required on, and only regular attacks.

Yesterday War Dragons was the featured game in the Apple App Store. In the description of the app it was describing “events” and had Kingdom Wars and Fort running at the same time… I have a feeling we may be seeing this in three weeks (but I hope not). I’ll upload the screenshot later when im not at work.

Interesting, did you also note the 12 days remaining on KW :thinking:

a 12 day version of a pvp i hate, i sure fricken hope not. i don’t have the time for that shit

Kingdom Wars restructured to be a season-long event.
Then Kingdom Wars introduced as “Atlas 2.0.”
Then Atlas is phased out and replaced with permanent Kingdom Wars. :laughing:

1 Like