When to switch breed paths sub 400 / over 400

I’m a level 402. I started breeding empyrean dragons when sub 400, following Red’s Sub-400 Empyrean Breed Path (Rajin J2). I was about halfway through that path when I broke the 400 barrier. I have Tuktu, Methalex, and Altimorak (Step 8). I just started incubating one of the Empyreans following last fortification when I broke 400 and was able to upgrade my incubator.

I have enough mystics and tokens to get Itzani (the only other vanguard I don’t have is Balahm).

Do I just finish this path even though I’m over 400 or should I switch to one of the normal empyrean paths?

If it helps, I usually go up 5-8 levels each build event (but to be conservative lets say 5 levels)

If you’re over 400, use an over 400 path I’d say.

2 Likes

Switch to Rajin J2 or Rajin J2L now, I’d say.

2 Likes

I actually switched over the the normal paths instead of the sub400 paths before I actually hit lvl 400, because I knew I’d hit lvl 400 before I reached a point on the path where I need to be that level in order to continue breeding.

But yeah, once you’re 400 or higher, there’s no reason to stay on the sub400 path :slightly_smiling_face:

I switched to normal one even being 330, currently 351 breeding Kaze, for the same reason as Liz, because I knew I will reach 360 soon and that’s actually all that is needed to feel comfortable on these paths.

Thanks folks. I switched to the normal RJ2 but not before dropping all my mystics and tokens into Itzani. I dont need it for RJ2 but in that path, I’m stuck waiting for Tuktu and Methalex to cook so I can breed Evakhet then go for Seraph. Figured rather than skipping the event get some prizes at least. I’ll get Evakhet next month then Seraph in December. I probably still wont be high enough to breed abyssal so I’m not rushing it.

I looked and planned for the normal path when I was 280 :slight_smile: (I knew I would be 400 for when I need to be… even now I’m not 400)

I don’t plan that far in advance lmao.

you’re missing out on all the spreadsheet fun then…

1 Like

The latest iteration of my general plan was in May when I was 282 and went to Jan 2020, now I have extended to March 2020 :man_shrugging:
Is a strategy game!

And you didn’t saw @Morreion plans, that is detailed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I typically only have vague plans and do all my fort planning the day the event starts :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face by timers.” – Mike Tyson.
Cat%20Boxing

1 Like

I got Oni instead of Itzani so after Oni I guess I switched to Rajin O #1 or Rajin J1 for Meth and Eva and will follow that into the Seraph Abysmal path

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.