Why can’t we transfer healing potions to teammates?

This may have been covered before, but I just need to know- has PG just not thought about this, or is there a reason we can’t? I have approximately 800 heals and would not mind distributing a few among my teammates. Could it be glitches or power trips, like little guys with extra heals giving all of them to one or two super high level teammates to keep them going in wars or something? And the argument that you have to buy healing potions or win them in chests, so to each their own: you can send lumber and food and buy it and win packs as well.

2 Likes

Theres always an abuse if trading/transfers is allowed in game.

5 Likes

Healing potions should be allowed to be transferred!

Could even put a limit on it & make it a small amount.
3-5 per 24 hours and it could take an hour to receive them! Just to be able to help teammates if need for a war run or Xp runs…

That way if they are going to abuse it atleast make them do it for weeks and weeks lol
And who really wants to spend time for weeks on healing potions? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes, please. This would be very useful

7 Likes

Thing is, forging of potion is free. No materials needed. If that is allowed, players can just create 10 accounts and transfer what 5 potions each , 50 potions per day, if u have so much time then 20 accounts isnt so hard, 100 potions per day?

And… if trades for potions are allowed so as other materials, bec no game will allow trading just for 1 item . If you can trade 1 you can trade all. But i like the idea , i just see immeasurable abuse.

4 Likes

Spoken like someone with 0 heals :rofl:

6 Likes

In seriousness, I just don’t know how this could work without being abused. If there was some way, great! There’s been plenty of times where even I who doesn’t have thousands of heals and only spends on elite have wished I could give some away, particularly when there is one teammate that tends to do about a billion xp runs for people a day, would be nice to be able to give back.

I’m not smart enough to think of a way to accomplish anything like this that would be abuse/exploit proof, though. Even at 5 a day anyone with an alt on their team essentially has access to 2 forges as it takes 25 hours to forge 5 heals. It’s not like this in itself is the end of the world, to have some people getting 4-5 extra heals a day, but on the flip side it doesn’t seem like enough to warrant risking the downsides to implementing this kind of thing.

But again I’m not smart enough :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What would hacking potions even do? As long as this is restricted to potions it doesn’t seem that bad. It’s not like say, clocks, where a hacker could become a huge obstacle in wars with minimal effort. Potions take time and effort to produce gains. And I’m not even sure what kind of trouble could be caused. You could farm someone I guess but people do that with their own potions already. Farm token missions endlessly? Doable with Ember currently but then you could do it with other drags??

2 Likes

Up to 10 now :triumph::joy:

6 Likes

I know I know. I did say I wasn’t smart enough, after all lol. @Shimo does raise a good point though that cheaters wouldn’t really be into this sort of thing as you’d need to be actually flying dragons to have any use for heals, and if they do need heals they’re getting them with their infinite gold chests anyways

1 Like

keep in mind, I users of potions and always have the ‘Active’ status, and yet I have 800. I don’t think abuse is much of a problem.

Yes but would you really take the time creating 50 accounts that means going through 50 of those tutorials that are very boring and not only that but all 50 of those new accounts have to have 50 potions to transfer in the first place. Not just have 50 but have 50 everyday lol
You couldn’t forge a 5th of that in a day so what then farm with those 50 accounts or use rubies EVERYDAY to be able to transfer 50 potions :joy:

Doesn’t sound realistic! I’m sure it could be abused that’s why they would have to have limits in place but not in the way your saying that’s WAY TO MUCH WORK for some healing potions lol

1 Like

So quesiton…if someone hacks an account and gives you some of it, should you be banned too? If you open up transferring of items then I think so or else it is way too easy to abuse.

3 Likes

And heal potion is one of those resources IMO

2 Likes

Abuse issues heard and understood. However, the problem I see was just vocalized in my team chat today. A F2P player on my team wanted to lvl the Kelvin he just hatched to breedable for the event, I calculated it would take them 860 xp raids to do so.

If someone can’t even pay for Elite account, how can they be expected to have that many heal potions to even attempt to grind it out? They aren’t even into Sapphire dragons yet and it’s already this bad?

Would like to see a little love given to our F2P friends, rather than tell them they might as well quit the game once they reach a certain point.

1 Like

I very much would too!
I don’t spend a whole lot of money anymore on the game but the pace of the game and progression is just ridiculously slow without spending.

I’ve done both…Spent to much for awhile so went 5-7 months or more without spending anything and of course I enjoy the game and help others so that didn’t last. But some can’t or just won’t speed money on a game and that alone really cripples their progression in the game…I’ve known plenty that have just up & quit over it.
I think the game would be so much better with touches to it that help F2P players and lessen the gap between the 2…Just a more balanced game overall it’s ridiculous how much this game is geared toward spending.

4 Likes

Meant to quote you on the above post :+1:

1 Like

Yes , 50 is cheap, make it 200. Dont underestimate real deal players, they arent lazy.

2 Likes

What about the time it takes to forge 50 potion. because you are not farming for 50 on all 50 accounts And I think your forgetting it’s healing potions

Like it’s been said it’s not worth the hassle but yeah it can open up for real abuse for a lot more precious items so it won’t happen…

1 Like

Instead of all this I’d rather just jack up the amount in each drop (note: AMOUNT not drop rate) per drop in chests. 5 for common 20 for rare and 50-75 for epic. Bronze chests are irrelevant to spenders but are pretty essential for grinders.

7 Likes