I think it’s more likely that with most of atlas having a large list of folks (especially
In the case of mega alliance members) who are willing to help defend them, defense had too much of an advantage among the average atlas team, and turnover happened too little. Although I’m just guessing.
I do think everyone wants to take land, but nobody wants to lose land.
Glory payouts are actually quite good for defending if you can successfully defend. The issue is more that successfully defending almost never happens. (Reasons I listed earlier in thread)
Again, if I was too speculate, I’d guess that a large number of people complained to pg saying bases were too hard to win. This resulted in the base nerfing we have seen over the last few seasons.
Now why that happened I suspect to be entirely due to armor and it’s stat inflation. Basically enough people got amazing defensive armor that everyone got put into a situation of needing to hit at levels only spending can really accommodate. (Let’s omit the conspiracy about pg being greedy, true or false, it’s unproductive)
This is untrue. Perhaps at your level of competition. (Although aren’t you a bigger player in a lower league?)
At my level being over 400 is a liability. And I rarely come across easy bases. (Although there are few vases I can’t solo with a single dragon, those I can’t usually can go 2-3 dragons)
Problems that disrupt the glory economy
- Most everyone snipes so they rarely expose glory opportunity while they attack someone. Risking at most 50% what they may take.
- 400+ bypasses team scaling so many go around finding any and all bases 400+ on perimeter bases and go for the easiest (quickest) first
- Related to number 1, whoever finish an attack first gets the kills. As a result it’s rarely productive to go after equals as that usually takes longer and thus you will die while the opponent completes their suicide attack before you can do anything about it. Basically encouraged hitting downward
- Revives are too generous. Favoring a good attack, you can choose your fish in a barrel and counter most glory scaling by reviving 90% of troops.
- Bases are too expensive. The cost to change a tower level, while cheaper than before, pales in comparison to what dragons are needed to take it.
- Maxed dragons are too strong and too cheap. Gated only by player level and gear (one-time investment) many teams can afford to have at least one guy who can essentially backup any attack no matter if they immediately swapped. Once you have said dragons even triple defended, only a rare few bases can actually kill dragons with slightly above average flying and no mistakes made.
- Base boost is both too cheap and not a strong enough boost to overcome dragons who can solo bases. At the cost of a base you should have things better calibrated, with a slight defensive bias.
- Gear is becoming stale. If we don’t get a new tier soon, essentially it will be the new research where everyone has it maxed which provides no real advantage, and there is just this huge leap from those who haven’t maxed a set and those who have.
- Influence brackets are broken. Teams measured similarly are rarely similar. We need a strength based bracketing and ranking bugs fixed. In an ideal world we stop using player level and use more of a strength system too.
- People are bad (on average) at choosing a good target when player levels are in their target range. Not too many can read the power of the base and the buffs and number of towers and tower config and max tower level, and come out with a realistic idea of if they can beat the base. (Except when everything is maxes)
- Offensive rider armor is not bracketed with defensive rider armor like bases and dragons are. Similarly no restrictions exist for level or offensive dragons, etc. This allows a very large discrepancy within a single player level, making number 10 matter a lot.
- The top doesn’t have meaningful things to do with their own tier, so they involve themself in brackets which further make those they hit have to do similarly below them.
I’m sure I forgot some, but yeah atlas is not what I consider in a good place at the moment.