Wildfire Updates and this week’s Gauntlet Event

Greetings, Dragon Lords!

A quick update for you all: The Wildfire feature will be included in this week’s Team Gauntlet event, as well as any PVP events moving forward!

Additionally, we are slightly tweaking the way Wildfire functions: Inner Fires will now count towards Wildfire flames, up to the maximum 5 that you can earn in any given attack.

Here’s some examples to give some more context:

• You run a base with one Dragon and NO Inner Fires: You will earn 5 flames.
  • You run a base with two Dragons and NO Inner Fires: You will earn 4 flames.
  • You run a base with three Dragons and NO Inner Fires: You will earn 3 flames.

Pretty straightforward so far! Here’s what it will mean with Inner Fires introduced:

• You run a base with one Dragon and NO Inner Fires: You will earn 5 flames.
  • You run a base with one Dragon and one Inner Fire: You will earn 5 flames.

• You run a base with two Dragons and NO Inner Fires: You will earn 4 flames.
  • You run a base with two Dragons and one Inner Fire: You will earn 5 flames.
  • You run a base with two Dragons and two Inner Fires: You will earn 5 flames.

• You run a base with three Dragons and NO Inner Fires: You will earn 3 flames.
  • You run a base with three Dragons and one Inner Fires: You will earn 4 flames.
  • You run a base with three Dragons and two Inner Fires: You will earn 5 flames.
  • You run a base with three Dragons and three Inner Fires: You will earn 5 flames.

TL;DR: Wildfire Flames = Flames Earned + Inner Fires used. Caps out at 5 per run.
(Thanks, @mechengg :wink:)

Go forth and be victorious! :slight_smile:

23 Likes

This is fantastic news!

1 Like

Have you come up with a solution for the higher level players getting very few points on the first beginning blackblood islands due to level differences?

1 Like

Just use only “free” energy until a pvp isle pops up and then use your packs and inners on those

2 Likes

This is so much better than last time! Thank you PG!

2 Likes

A definite improvement. Thank you for the update. :t_rex:

I agree, it is quite a big improvement

I wanna know what you said now… :joy:

@PGCrisis, Will undamaged, inner fire equipped dragons require heal time? Please say no. :grin:

This is… better I guess? Just seems overly complicated to explain :see_no_evil:

I’ll take a stab at simplifying it

Wildfire Flames = Flames Earned + Inner Fires used
Caps out at 5 per run

10 Likes

I think the only reason she made a complicated explanation is because there was confusion with some statements last time. This way all options have already been discussed…
Good changes I think

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same. She needs to go to the lowest common denominator so everything needs to be dumbed down… :joy:

1 Like

Good change. :+1:

It’s still not the bonus meter, but TG offers ways to get bonus multipliers organically, which is even better.
Kingdom Wars could still use either additional multipliers as part of gameplay, or adjusted prize tiers. Still, good job to the PG team for taking a step in the right direction.

1 Like

Added that to the OP. Thanks for the TL;DR version :wink:

4 Likes

What am I not seeing here? I could earn 5 flames before this change. How does this benefit using inner fire? It should be flames earned + inner fire = 8 wildfire.

5 flames = 1 dragon
4 flames = 2 dragons
3 flames = 3 dragons

Adding inner fire now gives 4/5 flame points which is added to the wildfire counter. Before, it only adds 5/4/3 flame points regardless of how many inner fire you use. If you are only running 1 dragon, then you can ignore this whole update.

1 Like

It would be an incentive to earn more than 5 flames I mean. Anyone can beat a base with 3 dragons. That would actually reward good flying and inner fire use.

I think the goal is to stop actively penalizing players for using multiple inner fires. (I.e., if you stacked 3x before, you only got 3 wildfire flames.)

It has the side effect of giving a little added utility to inner fires, if you actually need to use multiple dragons to finish a base. (Because now, by equipping inner fire, you can still earn full wildfire flames.)

4 Likes