Winter Forums Contest - Flying in a Winter Wonderland

Happy December, Dragon Lords!

With the weather getting colder and snow or rain falling (depending on where you are), we’re ready for another creative Forums contest! Interested in contributing your Dragons art to win some Holiday treats? This month will be your month!

This will be very similar in style to previous creative contests, which have had so many beautiful and dynamic entries. This month will be centered around all Winter-related holidays, events, or activities, such as Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years, ice-skating, skiing, decorating the tree, etc.

How to Submit an Entry to the Contest

• Create something that mixes Dragons and any other Winter-related holidays, events, or activities.
    • Examples include drawings, songs, short stories, baking, etc.
  • Entries will need to be submitted as uploaded images to this Forums thread, links to the work online (via social media or otherwise), links to videos on Youtube or Vimeo, or uploaded PDFs.
  • Only one entry can be submitted per player.
    • If you submit multiple entries, please indicate which entry you would like to be considered.

Who will be judging the entries?

• Entries will be judged by the War Dragons Team.

How long will this contest run? When will winners be announced?

• This contest will run from today, December 19th, to Monday, January 6th. Winners will be announced on Friday, January 10th.

What are the prizes for this contest?

• 1st Prize:
    • One War Dragons Dodo Plush
    • One War Dragons T-Shirt (Sizes S - XL)
    • One War Dragons Invoker Class Heat-Changing Mug
    • One War Dragons Enamel Pin
    • One War Dragons Atlas Poster
    • One War Dragons Lanyard
    • 6,000 Frostwreath Sigils
  • 2nd Prize:
    • One War Dragons T-Shirt (Sizes S - XL)
    • 4,000 Frostwreath Sigils
  • 3rd Prize:
    • 2,000 Frostwreath Sigils

Good luck, Dragon Lords!

12 Likes

Yay! I’ve been looking forward to this with eager anticipation :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Will be looking forward to seeing everyone’s creations! Still have a fair bit of work to do on the piece I’ve been working on in anticipation of this contest. Hopefully I can get it finished up soon :joy:

5 Likes

Dragon Snow Day

Mom can’t keep the infighting from happening and the little dragons are running amuck!

8 Likes

16 Likes

As cold as ice on the outside, but a fiery soul burns within.

10 Likes

Here is my entry. This is ‘Naughty Dragon.’ :crazy_face: He probably won’t be on Santa’s good list this year. I’m also posting a black and white progress picture as well that’s a rough mock-up test version to get the contrast right. Enjoy! :grin: :grin: :grin:

I drew this picture by hand and added basic coloring and shading before scanning it in to add the finishing textures and deeper shading in Photoshop.

38 Likes

Momma dragon with her lil kids trying to build a snowman :snowman_with_snow:

38 Likes

I love t, you are very talented

All of the entries so far are great! Keep it up everyone!

6 Likes

Thank you!

New Rider

12 Likes

Not gonna question the chainmail physics LMAO

4 Likes

Rudolph the Reindragon - I started this painting last year and finished it this year for the holiday season. My procrastination level was through the roof but I’m relieved to have finished it.

58 Likes

That is absolutely amazing @Orocaanda! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Magnificent work, hope that pg make this one a seasonal dragon . If you don’t mind

4 Likes

I’d be extremely honored if they did actually :upside_down_face:

Wow that is Amazing. If this isn’t introduced as a dragon like the Festive Dragon in the Event Tab I would be surprised. This is better than some of the artwork I’ve seen from PG Employees

3 Likes

I think there’s a thing where PG can’t use artwork from players for dragons, (or anything) but I could wish for an exception here. 100%.

2 Likes

Even if we give them permission?

Nydryr was a player created dragon. They did have a specific contest for it, but they have used player designed dragons in game before.

3 Likes