Withermoon Season Launch Official Discussion Thread

Please discuss and ask questions regarding the upcoming Withermoon Season.

I think these dragons look great! Very excited for this new season especially Narlyth’s spell set! Gig has incredible appearance and sounds like spell effects will be awesome too!

Also excited about the discount warrior Hyaku… look forward to playing with the spell combos! Shogroth also looks fun and great design!

Reginald looks decent too - if anyone has skill trees I would love to see them!

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

This. Never ever ever ever for the life of you choose items over Gold chest. It’s a clear rip off. Nuff said.

22 Likes

Why are there two boost branches, one for egg tokens and one for timers other than, the obvious reasons?
Why is base boost released the same time as the discount branch other than, the obvious reasons?
Why can’t player pick a discount branch they want?
Why is PG offering RSS instead of Gold Chests? This confusing and counter productive for almost every player other than a mega spender?

1 Like

I really hoped this time you guys would make ''THE DISCOUNT BRANCH A PLAYERS CHOICE " , shouldnt be so hard for engineers to make the first branch a player starts 50 % OFF .

PERSONALLY I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT AND GET BASE BOOST AFTER U DID THAT HORRIBLE CHANGE LAST SEASON OF MAKING IT AVAILABLE IN DAY 1

5 Likes

It’s like they don’t want to bother to understand the values in the game and stop up their ears when we try to explain it.

Dare I say it?

1 Like

I get that people have frustrations. I don’t even mind them here so long as they are on topic, but posting memes, gifs, etc with nothing of substance is not ok in this particular thread. Please refrain from doing it further.

Thanks in advance. (Consider this a warning too… saves me the time of having to warn individuals…)

5 Likes

I mean I think there might be some niche situations where you need a certain item really badly. I.e. if you need elemental embers in a particular fort event to hit a specific level, or get to a specific prize, it might make sense to grab embers instead of the chest to guarantee you get what you need.

But yes I agree that in 99% of situations the gold chests will be better because they will give more rewards, and have a good chance of giving you the rewards that you are looking for.

Maybe I need another proactive time out… This has got to be the most tonedeaf thing I’ve seen in my 14 months as a player. I don’t see how anyone can have realistic goals this season.

Players HAVE to finish the discount branch because of 1/2 off prizes.
Players HAVE to finish egg mission bonus because costs went up 60%.
Players HAVE to finish timer mission bonus because, well timers are the gatekeeper to every single thing in game.
Players HAVE to finish base boost even though it starts on week 1 to remain competitive.

Players will then want to finish 2 other branches for at least 1 mythic. How in the name of all that is holy can anyone do this without not only spending but BIG BIG BIG spending?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Never mind. Everything is just rhetorical. Just, I can’t even… This isn’t pay to win. Its pay to play. Either you get out the wallet or make a clear cut Hobson’s choice! A choice is NO choice and anyone with half a brain can see that.

17 Likes

I am not sure how a meme that specifically relates to a change that increases the spread of the use of sigils lacks substance or relevance, particularly when that change increases the cost of participation. But I will try to be more explicit and judicious in the future :grin:

5 Likes

Sorry guys. Someone ping me when they post the tower costs. I’m going to go shave with lemon juice, apply a nice after shave salt scrub and stick a fork into the wall socket until my hair is just right. I’d rather do this than continue here today.
Cat%20with%20Wall%20socket%20hair

Its just so transparent. Shameless. They are not even trying anymore. Its just gimme gimme.

5 Likes

Doesn’t it matter what the item quantities are in this case?

As a fictitious example say 10 gold chests give an average of 1 week of timers.

If the “trade 10 chests “ option is for say 1.5 weeks of timers … buyer beware and I agree with you 100 percent.

But let’s say that PG is feeling generous and the 10 chests is replaced by 10 years of timers . I know that scale up may be worth it to some.

Like you i would be skeptical that the trade is good for the player. But I’ll try to be optimistic and wait for the actual data. Just in case …

3 Likes

Kinda done with optimism…

6 Likes

After asking changes in the branches that actually made sense and in the end we get to trade the best items, gold chests. Not the scrolls, or even eggs since there are millions all around. No, had to be the bloody gold chests…

3 Likes

Complaining, complaining, complaining — this is also very, very frustrating

1 Like

You are making very difficult to stay in the game, PG, VERY difficult.
I have to do a very conscious effort to keep in the game. It shouldn’t be that hard…

And we don’t know what would be the payout of the timer baloon yet. Why don’t publish it right away? And the cost of the timer branch?
And the cost of the new towers (86-90)?

2 Likes