Withermoon Stream Notes

• “We love night and its quiet; and there is no night that we love so well as that on which the moon is coffined in clouds.” - Fitz-James O’Brien
  • Theme: Cosmic Horror - otherworldly ancient horror

Streams/Official Posts

Click/tap to show

Structure

• Keeping the three season key structure to claim with free full mythic line
  • Changed: Legendary Dragon Branches: 31k total sigils (increased by 1k) with 7 new prizes (gold chests, mystic fragments, elemental embers, breeding tokens, rune dust, 24h expedites, abyssal evolution stone)
  • Didn’t change: Base Boost, Dragon Rider, Festive Dragon
  • Additional limited time branches will return, but information about those won’t be available until further into the season

Week 1: Legendary Invoker, Legendary Warrior (discount), Mythic Dragons, Rider (offensive), Base Boost, Token Boost

Click/tap to show

Base Boost

• still there :stuck_out_tongue:

Sho-Groth, Abyssal Legendary Dark Invoker

Hyaku, Discount (Sept 4 to 17) Abyssal Legendary Fire Warrior

Gig, Abyssal Mythic Dark Warrior

• Flamethrower is an eye laser

Narlyth, Abyssal Mythic Earth Hunter

• Whispers of Madness: Towers won’t supershot each other - e.g. Blue Mage can’t rage drain another tower . If the tower currently has a super shot queued, the spell will cancel it and force regular attacks.

Reginald

• Possible boosts (offensive dragon rider - for dragons that attack, not ones that curse you out): increase dragon hp, attack, dark flak tower resist, fire flak tower resist, rage regeneration
  • Elemental Crafting Shard Options: Earth, Dark, Fire
  • The pipe releases smoke in the idle animation

Portraits and Lore

Click/tap to show
  • Portraits will continue to have both background and transparent options.
  • Longer versions of lore will be available in the blog post next week, probably Tuesday.

Week 5: Legendary Hunter & Defensive Rider

• Legendary Hunter & Defensive Rider

Week 9: Festive

• Sorcerer (confirmed by Kharnyx in the launch stream)
  • Week of Halloween

Miscellaneous

• Invokers can’t be perched, and they’re still determining what they want the effects to be.
27 Likes

2nd Post Reserved for non-season notes

8 Likes

Mythic hunter looks pretty dope… I need to decide if I’m getting two riders or a rider and invoker :sweat_smile:

I will name Narlyth…Arya - The lady with many faces

5 Likes

:shushing_face:

2 Likes

Too bad Arynth is a mythic. They have a really cool spell set. Sho-Groth really catches my eye though. The spellset looks okay, but I think I’m going to wait for wave two this time. Luckily, they’re not a discount branch so no need for me to worry. Can’t wait to see wave 2 though, PG! These dragons look really cool so far!

A Dragon has no name (but this one does).

10 Likes

Hmm :thinking: does a space count as a character for a name?

So now we know what happens when Xenomorphs land on the Groot homeworld. You get an invoker

16 Likes

Can Tower do supershot while being controlled? :thinking:
Also, how about Storm and Earth Flak?

1 Like

I wasn’t able to watch the stream: is it back to two lines to unlock a mythic?

1 Like

In the stream they said no for mages, it would basically be like sanding them until destruction :joy:

No. Normal attacks only.

No, I default to including discount

4 Likes

Ohh okay good, I was about to be disappointed. :joy:

The legendary Invoker has a really nice design! Almost tempted to get it

3 Likes

Thanks…

Lawson actually answered this on stream! Imma tag him just in case this isn’t correct. :wink: @PGLawson

If Whispers of Madness is cast on mage towers, it essentially acts like a sand of sort in that the supershots cannot be cast against fellow towers. Therefore, it’s not reaping as much of the benefits of the spell since it can’t do damage to neighbouring towers compared to, say, the Dark Flak that can definitely do some damage to its neighbours.

3 Likes

It was a terrible, indescribable thing vaster than any subway train—a shapeless congeries of protoplasmic bubbles, faintly self-luminous, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and un-forming as pustules of greenish light all over the tunnel-filling front that bore down upon us, crushing the frantic penguins and slithering over the glistening floor that it and its kind had swept so evilly free of all litter.

— H. P. Lovecraft, At the Mountains of Madness description of a Shoggoth

I think they did really awesome with the artistic representation :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, as bad as things are in-game, I do have to admit that I am genuinely loving this season and it hasn’t even released yet. No crazy price hikes, no change to the 3 lines and mythic system, and absolutely beautiful and interesting dragons.

12 Likes

I was pleased to see that, even though there is a 1k sigil price hike, it’s ONLY on the legendary dragons and they added more prizes to the line.

5 Likes