“X” on Banners?

Who had the bright idea to put a cancel button on join and defend banners? And can we please get it removed again. What a pain in the rear!

3 Likes

Agree - they asked for features, we answered and this wasn’t one. @PGPulse

1 Like

if you go into the invite screen itself but exit back out, the banners still stays. In the old version, it vanished right away if you hit the “X” on the inner screen that let you select the battle room.

The newer version needed some way of getting rid of the banner if you decided you wanted it gone. I think it works, but then again I typically just play with my main account on my iPad Pro… so lots of screen space. Don’t worry about it so much with my alt account on my tiny iPhone SE.

4 Likes

I’ve accidentally hit it about 3 times now - because I’m right handed as is most people on this planet.

Yeah I hit the x on accident a lot :see_no_evil:
Maybe when in the list of invites have an up arrow to hide the window and the x to close it?

I’m right handed too, but on a larger screen it doesn’t matter as much lol. Plus I don’t actually hold my iPad in my hands when I play. It sits upright on my lap :blush:

2 Likes

Usually I’m hitting invites in a hurry and I’ve hit it by mistake a bunch already. They need to just revert the banner to how it was and not fix what wasn’t broken.

Then you all should just convert to being left handed the way that lefties were once forced to become righties. We are the superior subspecies anyway. It’s about time all you righties got a taste of what we lefties go through in just about every part of our lives. Viva LA Lefty Revolucion!

Personally Ive had zero issues with the x

4 Likes

Down with Lefties! It should be a RIGHTOLUTION!!!

Right is always wrong

2 Likes

There’s a reason it’s called…right handed… :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe it should be the reverse - x on the banner itself “minimizes” and Battle Invites view x will close out? I do like the idea behind it, though, and haven’t had issues with it.

Edit: Actually, doing it ^ way is a bad idea, because you can no longer jump into chat for a little bit first.

1 Like

I like the “x” button. I dont know how many times i would go to hit my armory or season tab in the event screen just as a battle invite popped up and it took me to it lol

3 Likes

lol same. I think it’s a good addition :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just gotten used to tapping on the left despite being a righty.

However when I’m in the event screen I don’t have the X option.

1 Like

I actually like the x on banner and the fact that i can join again after leaving the screen because sometimes i accidentally close it and in haste when i want to go in again, i can’t. With new feature, i can just close it without seeing at certain times and other times, i close after checking.

I like the current design. Especially useful when I closed the invite dialog accidentally (right after new invite come)

p.s. I always tap the center of any button so that I wouldn’t tap the wrong button :smile:

I really like the new design it is a vast improvement. I think the implementation of the “x” in terms of placement could possibly be improved.

1 Like

I like the ‘X’. Now that bases are all but undefendable, no need in having the reminder flashing in my face :+1:

3 Likes

There’s a bug that’s already been reported where the tappable area seems to be too large for the “X” button. We’ll be working on shrinking it back down to the expected size soon.

1 Like