Xp follow vs lead question

Very sorry if i havent done this properly-first time poster and didnt see a thread on this subject. Read this back in the day when i first started playing: Important: if you join someone else’s run with your leveling dragon and are the second attacker, the game caps your xp at 75% of your max-xp, no matter the base level, so the LEVELING DRAGON MUST LEAD THE ATTACK. Many players don’t understand this, and assume if they follow an advanced player on a high level base they will get their max xp, but this is not the case.

Question: is this still the case now? I have a lvl 220 following a lvl 390, saying he gets max. How is this possible? Can someone please clarify because Im very confused.

That person is just wrong. Pure and simple.

3 Likes

I’m not clear on what’s from the “back in the day” vs your own comments.

If you have a dragon that you want to get leveled ASAP, you’ll always want to lead the attack for your multis with a follow who can safely clear, so that you don’t need to use a second dragon of yours. Otherwise, as a follow, you’ll get the minimum of either 75% of your max or 75% of the lead’s max (e.g. follow a lower level/lead doesn’t get max XP).

“Back in the day” meaning to help understand the game better i researched how things worked, different strategies for the game, etc. and came across that piece about xp.

Thank you very much the the confirmation you two :hugs:. Not sure how I will explain to my teammates though.

I have occasionally gotten more than expected for follower XP, including once when I was sure I got more than my max XP as a follower, but other times when I thought I got more than 75%. This would have been back when my max XP was 2-3k.

My suspicion was that it worked a little like the ally XP bonus, with extra bonus maybe possible when you’re very low level, or when you’re using a dragon from a lower-than-expected tier.

2 screenshot should be enough to compare and explain to Mr.WhohasProbleminUnderstanding.

First - Person A lead, B back and 2nd - B lead, A back.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.