Year of the Player Update #4 - Official Discussion Thread

Please ask questions and discuss the 4th Year of the Player Update here

That was disappointing. Is this the “big” announcement crisis mentioned yesterday?

22 Likes

We get to choose between base, timers, and dragons, tokens. Choices choices :thinking:.

1 Like

Soooo…

• A handful of UI changes
    (e.g. lefty mode, hide resource transfers)
  • Continuation of what you were already doing
    (e.g. tier discounts)
  • Mention of the few existing improvements
    (e.g. wildfires, Atlas ledger)
  • Acknowledgment that you aren’t going to make the changes
    (e.g. economy fixes, runic chest values)
  • Option to choose between having enough tokens or having enough timers
    (Because god forbid we actually have enough of both)
  • ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT WOULD ADDRESS THE SERIOUS CONCERNS BROUGHT UP BY THE PLAYERS THINKING ABOUT LEAVING

Lovely. Just lovely.

46 Likes

Scaling Gold Chests by player level would introduce a series of issues with the game’s economy that are more detrimental than it would be to help improve player progression.

Oh no, god forbid there be issues with our perfect, unbroken economy! :roll_eyes:

17 Likes

This has to be a bad joke :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Embrace yourselves for the 86-90 tower costs! It is coming at big numbers, don’t say is a surprise!

Maybe the lack of interest was because of the outrageous, nuts, crazy, unreal costs, not because of the super Runic chest by itself.
Just sayin’

16 Likes

The time for getting ahead of this runaway train has long passed. Big ass mistake announcing this after the abyssal tier was released. Might have received some traction if it was released earlier… it just feels all too late.

7 Likes

Pretty close to the only 2 things worth mentioning.
Also may mention (as someone did above) that perhaps it’s too little too late :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

Ember cost reduction is real! Wooo

6 Likes

While I like the sound of some of these updates, there are far far too many “we are looking into its” attached to so many huge issues.

I like the flak cost reduction.

I like the choice of timer or token missions. However I do not feel like this resolves the core issue.

I respect the fact that certain things have been put on the back burner.

I do not like that certain things are considered back burner worthy.

I do not know if these discounts on embers for 70+ resolve the issues.

I am very disappointed that silver and runic chests are not considered for improvements. Though I am glad some ways of gaining runes are being explored. I do not know why I would ever consider buying silver chests as they are now.

And unfortunately not many of these really resolve any core frustrations or boredoms I have with this game. The endless chores remain just to maintain status. There are no real viable methods to catch up without spending. And I do not consider 5 years to reach current endgame a viable option (that is not an exaggerated number). The issues with atlas remain. Stability issues are not addressed. The lack of real skill based events or rewards. Assault was awesome and the first time I have felt challenged since I practiced hauheset. It was also the most fun I have had in this game in a year

I am also not certain what specifically is the big new announcement. If it is the flak change then it’s nice. But I did expect more. I hoped for more

While these are welcome changes. After well over a year of people pushing for changes, the core issues are still here with no word on fixes.

I think I will take the day to think about whether or not I want to carry on waiting for changes that PG seem adamant about avoiding.

6 Likes

I’m glad they listened to you on timer missions. Good call. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Correct, every time they reduced something in one side, they multiplied many times to increase in the other.
Exactly like egg tokens. Reduced in previous tiers, exagerated for Abysal

1 Like

Notice they said egg token or timer missions.

5 Likes

Yes, you too can save 1.42% of the ember costs on level 71 flaks. I know they get bigger savings up towards level 85, but still noooot exactly the fix I think most of us were looking for.

4 Likes

Also, we don’t know what kind of timers? 1 minute timers? 1h? 12h?

4 Likes

Look at the long term trend of this new scaling vs the previous.

1 Like

Was it way out of tune below these values? Just curious.

1 Like

Valid points but without the information I won’t hold this against them or for them. There is enough of that elsewhere.

I suppose it depends on how much a player is willing to pay. Certainly there are more than a few players I know who’ve had to forgo building multiple flaks due to ember costs, or who couldn’t afford to transition to earth flaks because of the ember costs.

1 Like